Nuffnang Ads

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The breakdown.

Sigh. I have been contemplating about this for the longest time: to blog about the $1k breakdown on my hair. I know my drama. But seriously its getting bored and stale with my 1-liners. I need substance in the entries. So whatever.

This happened about a year ago when I was still working at cheena company, Five Stars Tours, and drawing income which I dearly miss now. I think its the influence I got from my ex-colleagues. In a duration of 6 months, I spent on an estimate of one freaking thousand dollars. I reckon there to be more, around 1k plus.

The first big do to my hair was the perm. I'm vain and I don't deny that fact. In fact I love being vain. I think it's a virtue. That I spent about $100 on.

Then comes in perm number 2 after a month. That was another $100 as well. Yes. The curls just decided to get screwed up so re-perm. Here's the result from the 2 permsThis was taken during my diploma graduation. That's Bei Zi to the right.

Soon after I got bored with all the curly hair and decided to straighten my hair. I mean it was really soon like 2 months after? So I rebonded my hair. Damage: $110. I remembered the $10 because the lady was asking if I wanted the Shisedo treatment for an extra $10 on top of the normal price of $100. Taken at St. James. I remembered one of my ex-colleagues complaining about my vision with that fringe covering my eyes. And yes that's my darling Zulia.

So after I was about to leave the company I did another drastic change to my hair again. I gave it a shade of red. Not this red, this red. That cost $100 as well.

Ok. Yes. I know it's only $410, you're probably wondering where's the rest of the $590 gone to? Or is she just bragging. I am not. In between all those perms and dyes, I cut my hair pretty regularly. Almost every month. And I used to frequent this salon - Twister, Monsoon. And people know their services aren't cheap. $20 each time. So 6 times $20, equals $120.

Moving on, remember the perms? Stylists will try their hardest to sales pitch you any hair product so they can earn more and you having to have the hassle of styling the shape. I bought hell lot of styling products. From the typical hair spray to wax to mousse to creams to sticky clays. On top of that, at that time I did not use off shelve shampoos and conditioners. I used L'oreal's Professionnel range. This range. I used the shampoo and conditioner, and it was not cheap. Each time was $40 for both? About there. I remember throwing away 4-5 bottle set of those. Because of the colour, I bought from Body Shop their shampoo and conditioner range too. Another 4-5 bottles on that until I set foot in school. Damage on hair products: $400.

The remainder was spent on styling tools - curling tongs and what nots. I have 3 curling tongs and 2 hair straighteners. Oh of course the brushes and combs as well.

Thinking of it, is frightening to realize that. So, I guess I have rest my case on my hair spending. :S

P.S: I know there are people out there who spends way more than me. I get that. Perhaps do note that I'm writing this in context that I'm just the everyday person(which I do hope I am) on the street.


No comments: