Nuffnang Ads

Sunday, May 08, 2011

Mixed feelings.

Back from Butter and I'm having mixed feelings about the results of the General Elections. We'll start with the good. For the first time ever, we have another voice in parliament representing a Group Representation Constituency. Yay to that. I'm excited to hear what Chen Show Mao, Pritam Singh and Low Thia Khiang can do in parliament. Can they kill Mah Bow Tan down on cheaper flats? Please do. I'm so counting on that.

The bad. We have lost Chiam See Tong, George Yeo, and gained Tin Pei Ling. Sigh. Losing Chiam See Tong as the 3rd alternative voice does suck. Uncle Chiam has served Potong Pasir for many years. As mentioned before, I grew up overlooking the drama at Potong Pasir. Hearing the drama from my primary school classmates living there etc. My parents even lived there in a rented room for awhile before getting a flat in Serangoon. In fact, I kinda lived there as an infant too. Hence my sentiments towards Uncle Chiam.

While we have gained a good opposition in parliament, we have also lost a sincere minister. I daresay George Yeo is one of the better ministers in the cabinet, considering the crappy ones like Mah Bow Tan and Wong Kan Seng. I rather keep George Yeo and remove Mah Bow Tan. However, during his campaign, I do find him trying a little too hard to gain support. Oh well. What's done is done. I can only wish him all the best.

As for little girl Tin, all I can say is, "Good luck to Marine Parade." You seriously can forget about requesting for sheltered walkways or upgraded lifts. What can a associate from Ernest & Young do for you? In fact, what does she even know? Being a daughter of coffee shop owners actually somewhat equates to "ah sia kia". Translated - Rich man's kid. It is after all family business. Yes, it may be strenuous, but who hasn't done such work before? I know I have. In fact, I was born into a middle-class family. So you want to talk to me about hardship? Go talk to your Kate Spades. -.-

Well, Singapore, you have voted. So for now, we'll all have to live with our consequences for the next 5 years until the 2016 General Elections again.

No comments: