Nuffnang Ads

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Some thoughts.

Was reading Blinkymummy's post on perceived beauty. Reminded me of Sunday's facial appointment. (Oh, it was FREE.) My face isn't the perfect of perfect. I have my scaring, my eczema, my opened pores etc. She made this comment that sort of pissed me off. "现在的人都看脸的." Loosely translated, people these days are all about looks. Seriously looks? Then, why are there MANY rushes to get into universities i.e. NUS, NTU? Intelligence is STILL a very important aspect of life.
Am still IRRITATED by that auntie's comment. Sorry guys.
Well went for the briefing at SIM by UB. My confidence level of getting in has sort of increased by 10%. Still worried for the financial bit of the problem. Guess that's the most disturbing factor for me. Dad ain't going to support me this time. Guess it might be a GOOD thing. Am paying on my own, means I'll have to working extra hard and cherish the opportunity I have been given. I do pray that old habits die; and GOOD new ones appear. Finally getting to study something that I am REALLY keen in. Not like design isn't. Maybe I should have listened to my mom and take design as a hobby. I might have done better this way.
Oh well. All I have to do now is just move on and work hard at my might-happen studies.

No comments: