Nuffnang Ads

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

To be smart or not smart. That is the question.

Well, as I eat snake in the office from the mundane workload I have, to read Holly Jean's blog post on smart girls; I figured, why not I write my thoughts about it. While being committed to Ray for almost a year, it is actually quite true to the fact that guys prefer "dumber" girls.

There have been incidents when Ray actually teased my bimbo antics. Ok. I may not be a straight As student or some protégé. But in my defense of intellect, I do have my street-smarts. Ok. I do admit, I wasn't all so bright about sarcasm when I was a younger girl. To a certain extent, I was pretty oblivious about my surroundings too. But strangely so, during those times I was hardly ever hit on or wooed. I suppose there's a fine line of how much intelligence a girl should actually reflect in her daily mannerisms.

I think its a double-edged sword for a girl to be intelligent. Consider this. If a girl were to be seriously dumb, perhaps think a certain star that decided tuna was chicken; you'll probably would go crazy just laughing your head off to the silly comments she gives or something on a much annoying note: it would be much harder for you to discuss your problems with. After all, you know she won't be able to comprehend the complexity of whichever problem you're experiencing.

Well, in my opinion, I think a partner should be able to provide emotional support to a rather intense level. (Seriously, pun so not intended.) Well, actually girls should all be smart but tone the intelligence down a few notches. I have always thought that women are the mastermind of men. Like that saying : "每个成功男人背后,有个聪明的女人". Loosely translated: There's a smart woman supporting a successful man.

I remembered my Five Stars stint. It's a family business, so naturally the lady boss is involved with the HR side of the business. Seriously, although I somewhat dislike her, she is actually really smart. She's rather manipulative and will get what she wants. That I salute her. Other than that, you get my gist.

So girls, be smart but not in-your-face smart. Pretend to be dumb if you have to. But always remember the ultimate game plan you have.

Well, that sums up the first post of 2011! Bangkok day 2 coming right up!



No comments: