Nuffnang Ads

Friday, February 29, 2008

What to blog?

To make myself a little happier, I'll blog about make-up!

I haven't have the bestest complexion. My make-up isn't like xiaxue's that dramatic. Ok lah. Mine can be very drama too.

During the 21st, Tingz wanted to see me with no make-up on. She was totally shocked. Hohoho. Tingz now knows how I look bare faced. ><.
Thank god for the angle. If not might be worse. Ok. This is my bare face. With nothing on. Not even moisturizer. Not too bad. Well, its not too good either.
With make-up. Flawless. Wootz. (My new pet phrase.) I think its partially due to my new foundation am using. Loreal True Match. :) Alongside with my ZA concealer, it gets perfect! Highly recommended by most people to wear colour contacts with make-uped face. Am wearing greys here. Ok, I love grey lenses. The lenses in this shot is not my usual lens. Was using J&J's, its a free pair. I didn't really like that brand due to the fact that the lens on my left eye does not really fit my eye. So the lens will start moving and you can really see its out of position.
I use this brand that Raine Yang's spokes for. This colour she's wearing too. Have been using it way before she became their spokesperson. Ciba Vision FreshLooks. :)

Ok. Make-up. How drama can my make-up get? Hmm.. I reckon the D&D was pretty drama. Someone commented I looked like a barbie doll. Wootz! Must be the fake lashes. Ok. I begin to wear fake lashes too. My eyes aren't very big too. See mine looks so much bigger than hers. I think partially also due to the lenses. Hehehe. Oh ya. If you are like me with inner double eye lids or have single lids, you can try smoke eyes. Will really make those small eyes bigger. But do remember to blend. Blend either to your lid colour or to the highlights that you use. And don't try this without a brush. Maybe I have been using brushes for a long while that I really don't recall how to use fingers. I recommend Body Shop brushes. As for the colours, if you are just experimenting, use purple or green. I don't use pink or blue and do not recommend them for smoke eyes. How to smoke pink? For me, my everyday smoke eyes I use green, cause it's not too dramatic. If its for clubbing or occasion, I use black. Beginners, BLACK is at your own risk.

In a rare chance would I put lipstick. Ok. I have really full lips. A professional make-up artist would say, I sure can carry deep red lips. Tried and tested, I don't like it. I think I look like a clown. Maybe I got to try it by a professional. When I do a make over shot, that is.

Remember less is more. So if you have smoked eyes, you should not apply much on your lips or cheeks. Let it compliment your eyes. Same for the lips. Red lips, eyes should be minimal. Most importantly, the skin should be flawless. If you're like me with scarring problems, use a concealer. If you have dull skin, use corrective make up bases like green or purple.

To me untidy brows are a big no-no. If you're lazy to maintain them, get them waxed. Waxing can last for up till 2 months. If you don't have much of a budget, try threading. My baby, Marilyn does that. She does not have alot of hair on her brows, so she fills them with colour. I do that too. The hairs on my brows are really fine. I have used brow powder before. Well, if you like dark brows then they'll do fine. For me I prefer to go over with a pencil then use the brow brush to 'spread' them over. Where can I recommend for brow trimming? Well, I only visit the beauty salon to get my brows trimmed only when I think I just can't do it anymore. Then I'll go to them. After that its all me. I heard Browhaus is not bad.

I think this is what I can think of to share for now. :) Hope its informative.

No comments: