Nuffnang Ads

Monday, August 18, 2008

Olympics part 2.

Ok. Singapore got the medal. Ok. After 48 years.




But here's my question. So what?
Well the devil inside me just got thinking what's up with the overly emphasized situation. Zel has never been a big fan of Singapore athletes. Or the fact that government buys talent over. Well, either way it disgusts me. I'm sorry if I have offended you (government/patriots) in anyway. No. I'm not suffering from a rebellious phase of my life. I have always resented the place I'm born into. I guess that even so one day, the government might even have a say in where you get buried or how you die. Fuck. It is slowly taking place. Now I really understand why Katie Holmes wants out from Tom Cruise and Scientology. To put it metaphorically, living here in Singapore feels like I have a severe case of Claustrophobia and I'm trapped in a really really really small room with only one window.

Back to the Olympics thing. Where did the government find S$500k to pay those bought in athletes? Taxpayers' money! Plus, I seriously think that talent needs to be nurtured and bought or bribed over. I don't know. Everyone seems that the silver medal is just and being so proud of it. Disgusting! I know that my grandfather's from China too and that we are somehow linked by migration and that we don't really have a proper heritage. But whatever. My point is ok we got the medal. Can everyone else just move on with their lives? It's fucking irritatingly disgusting to go on and on about the stupid medal!



No comments: