Nuffnang Ads

Friday, May 21, 2010

The first time.

Was reading Holly Jean's blog. And I got reminded of how I met Ray. Or rather how the first date went.

Technically, Ray and I met way back when we're in poly. I had just entered the diploma course and he was about to graduate. Funny thing was at that time he did not leave a good impression, and me and the classmates thought he was annoying then. Of course, we hardly talked then too.

After 4-5 years, he finally contacted me through Facebook. Well, I still have the message he sent me through Facebook. It was about why this blog was loading slow (of course the problem has been ratified). Not long after receiving that message, I get a IM on my MSN from him. He found my MSN email address and decided to talk to me there. At that time I was away from school for my internship. So the initial connection was made when I was in the office. And after about 2 days of online chatting, he got my number.

Texting him was just fun. Of course at that time I was some what nursing a heartbreak from a long term crush. I suppose when I told myself that it was fine to make friends, I didn't expect to get a boyfriend out of it.

One Saturday evening, I received a text from him asking to catch a movie. That Saturday I was with my family out at Orchard Road. So it was thought to be a late night movie. In the end he was late. Transportation difficulties. I wasn't that angry. I had Borders to accompany me while I waited. I still remember the book I was reading that night. And why I had chose that book. The Time Traveler's Wife. Because that was my nemesis favorite book and I wanted to know what was so good about it. Ray came when I was at page 36. Being cheeky, I "punished" him by getting the book for me which he did. Then after Borders, it was drinks at Timbre - Old School. But Timbre closed at 2am, and it was really early. Hence it was walks and talks along the Singapore River. You know what, that was the first time I saw the river in such a beautiful light.

After that was supposed to be home, but I forgotten my keys. So airport to spend the night till the next morning. When we got to the Starbucks at the airport, my mom called and rushed me home. That sums up our first date.

The memories still appear so beautiful.

No comments: