Nuffnang Ads

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Relationships.

Recently, a friend told me that I have become a more normal person. This person meant that me having a boyfriend was normal, and this guy was not to be found in the vicinity of school was another thing normal as well. Perhaps I do have to agree with this train of thought. How can one be dating someone that's your colleague or classmate when work or school is still in progress?

Well, my guy's a senior from poly which means everything that ties us before is deemed to me as "ex". He once asked me if I would ever consider working side by side with him. Almost immediately my answer was no and will still be a no. I happen to believe that you (I) can't work with friends or family. Once I tried working with a close friend of mine. It didn't turn out well. I guess when one has that extra tier of relationship established with this person, it just seems a little hard to be more impartial to one's own judgment and expectations. Humans are creatures that often like to take things for granted. And there's no point in denying that or even trying to counter-proof this point. Perhaps so, sub-consciously I just refused to put in any good word for friends when it comes to employment hunting.

My point here is rather simple. 1 tier relationships are pretty straightforward; father - daughter, boyfriend - girlfriend etc. 2 tier relationships are simply complicated; father - daughter + employer - employee, boyfriend - girlfriend + classmates etc. Sometimes the lines between 2 tier relationships get blurred and we tend to lose focus in the secondary or even worse the primary roles we play in. Of course anyone can argue that love is something when it happens it happens. Then I guess if you're not so lucky and get it in 2 tiers, extra work has to be done. Well, that's life.



No comments: