Nuffnang Ads

Friday, January 07, 2011

It's simple.

Since humans are social creatures of habit, naturally we will tend to cling on things that are familiar to us. And its also really normal that we compare and contrast all the time. I do admit that I may have been going on a little too much about him. Hey, letting go isn't as easy as we say it is.

Tonight, perhaps I have been guilty of setting the bar a little too high, after all my first date with Ray was so unexpected. Like which guy actually piggy-backs a girl on the first date? Or actually is willing to stay the entire night with her out while she waits for morning, because she had forgotten her keys? Of course, anyone can argue that they will do it for that person they really fancy. But hello? Date number 1? That's why I guess the bar has been raised pretty high. But wait, at least my dessert place at Old School hasn't been tainted with memories of him, apart from Timbre. Or my joint at Tea Cosy. Hallelujah! Or the cool yums at Vivo. Thankfully, my idea of a perfect picnic at the Botanic Gardens is still open. Even P.S cafe too! I'm also mad grateful that at least he has yet to bestow me with daisies. I seriously would hate the idea of totally hating those lovely petals.

To venture into the unknown does seem like a scary situation. That's somewhat the case with first dates or even letting someone into your life. It's simple. Just move one step at a time. Sometimes, people will tend to want you (or me) to move a little faster. Concept of a homo sapien: to be totally flawed. Seriously, I just want to move at my pace. I'm dating people now. I'm also being rather vengeful with my plight. And I'm also happy. I haven't been happy in a long while. People should know. I'm going to end with "oh whatever". So. Oh whatever.

No comments: