Nuffnang Ads

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Too much on my mind.

I know it's late and I should be having an REM experience. However, all I can think about now is to pen down these thoughts: Have we replaced "happily ever after" with "happily orgasmic"?

I have to admit, the breakup led me bitter and angry. However, I would not apologize for the effects of it. It would be like saying, "I'm sorry for being woman." After all, men tend to think we women are emotional. I guess it wouldn't be fair to call our counterparts robotic and heartless. My point exactly.

So any how. My insomnia is due to my ex-boyfriend's message on my formspring. By the way, I changed my URL. Partly to evade him and his stalking girlfriend in Canberra. So back to his message. He has threatened to harm (I'm not to sure if it's the right word) my family; considering the fact when we were dating, he actually criticized my mom and my kid sister. I get no one in the Woo clan is perfect. But I dare say I have never once bad-mouth his side of people.

He mentioned I am being childish. Well, I have never once admitted my (break-up) thoughts to be mature. Ha.

Lastly, he went on to insinuate my actions are wrong. Zzz. OMG. I'm just coping. How's that wrong? A breakup is like the death of a relationship. So, I'm just grieving in my own way the death of the relationship. How is that wrong now?

Enough on the crazy ex. Haha. I have come to realize, stories like Sleeping Beauty or Snow White have been replaced by ones with jaded endings like Sex & the City or Gossip Girl. Of course I'm guilty as charged for getting hooked on such shows. I on the other hand, just can't help and wonder, "Are kids getting too jaded these days?"

Even my kid sister's generation does seem to be growing up a little too fast for my liking. At her age, I was still figuring out how mascaras work. Today, Brenda is able to rim her eyes with black liner! A make up technique I only learnt when I was 18.

Sometimes, I question, "Where has all the romance gone to?" I recall those 14/15 year old puppy romances I once had. Phone calls at night that lasted for hours, even the act of holding hands seemed so Shakespearean. Today, I get IM-ed for sex or even worse, a request for cyber sex. (Ok, the latter hasn't really happened.) Where is the romance?? Where is the simple act of writing a love letter in hand-written hard copy? Where is the simple stroll in the park? Or even star-gazing? Or serenades over the window?

Sex has replaced romance. It's sad. How now brown cow?

No comments: