Nuffnang Ads

Wednesday, March 02, 2011

That reflection post you write about when you turn a year older?

Yes. Yes. The title does seem a little too long. But, that's what I am going to write about. I'm actually just following suit with the rest of the online journals of the world. I guess it's just a norm. So here it goes.

So what's so special about turning 24? Well, I suppose it was just the thought of turning full cycle on my lunar horoscope; being at the age of the rabbit again. I guess to me it's the notion of comfort being in the year of the rabbit. Oh well. That's me.

Actually being a year older doesn't really have much impact on me, as compared to a really drastic event happening to me. Say the breakup? I won't deny that age does mature my thoughts and actions. In the past or before I turned 24, I would have be oblivious to the mess in my room. I'm clearing it soon. Or to the advances of random guys. Or to the sarcastic remarks from idiots. And yes, in the past, I would have snapped instantaneously to those remarks. Today, I'll just let it fly over me like a sudden breeze. Of course, I'm not that cool all the time.

Turning a year older is just like celebrating New Year's Day again. Well, you get 365 days to be that age, and then you celebrate that day you turn older for the next 365 days. How interesting is that. Ok. Maybe not. But think about the excitement that a new age brings. I know for me being 24 will definitely be much more awesome than being 23! And now. I'm going to sleep my 24 year old ass off.

No comments: