Nuffnang Ads

Thursday, July 02, 2009

Steak vs. Veal

I may have had an eating disorder a year ago, but I have come to overcome that (aside from random food refusal) and pick up my fork and start eating.

In my recent tweet, I stated I craved for steak. Yes. And I well, sort of, fulfilled it. Wasn't the best steak but it will do. You know what do I actually craved for? Filet Mignon. Also known as the tenderloin of the cow. Of course the meat has to be prepared medium rare. Enough pink and blood, so that the meat will taste sweet with a tinge of that metallic taste from the blood. Something like this. Just imagine the soft tender meat melting away in your mouth. Accompanied with a tangy yet savoury mushroom truffle sauce. Well, that spells heaven. Still looking for that perfect steak. Oh well.

Then there's VEAL. It's the meat from a calf. Ok. I know some people thinks it's unethical but once you have tasted veal, you'll just want to shut up about the ethics. Seriously you're going to eat the animal in the end. Might as well when it's at its best. In fact, veal is much sweeter and much more tender than the older counterpart. Yes I have had veal before. And that reminisce of the taste is just too daunting that it is dearly missed. The meat seriously just melts in you mouth, even if cooked thorough. There is just no such thing as well done. Well done tastes just as good as medium rare or even rare.

Since I'm on the subject of meat, I have eaten venison and ostrich before. Both are gamey and really nice. I prefer venison over ostrich though. Perhaps it's the cooking.

Ok. Cold Storage here I come for that tenderloin!




No comments: