Nuffnang Ads

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

First Date.

~Do you like my stupid hair?
Would you guess if I didn't know what to wear?
I'm too scared of what you think.
You make me nervous so I really can't eat.~


The first date. The first of many to come or the first and the only. The first date can make or break any potential relationship from developing further. Of course I had my share of first dates, and probably will continue to have more of those.

The thing that freaks me the most is WHAT TO WEAR! I guess any girl will just panic at that thought. For one of the dates I had, I actually panic and thought for a VERY long time on what to wear. Of course I didn't do the "Zelda's not wearing pants" stint. I was dressed very decently ok. Hey, but that day my lashes were what I consider as mascara perfect - thick and natural. For another date I was the bomb, perhaps it was because it wasn't much planned. Pretty impromptu. Well, what to wear isn't the motive of my post.

Where to go? What to do? That's my topic. Firstly, you'll probably be interested in that person hence the first date. A typical date would be movies and dinner. Cliche? I think so. So do what? On that date which I wore decently (let's name it date A), well, we did something really different. We did some charity and spent the rest of the day window shopping stuff I like - vintage. Of course, vintage isn't an every day thing. You do not have to necessary follow what date A was. My meaning is just do something different.

If it's a meal you guys want to happen, try a picnic. Economical and fun. Location? I had my most recent picnic at the park opposite my place. Seriously, just any park will be fine. ALL parks are quiet and tranquil. I rest my case.

Say you don't want just food. You want a little action (no sexual connotations), try something different. Movies are nice but isn't everyone doing that? Perhaps you might want to visit a museum, if both of you are into arty farty stuff. If there isn't much in common, what I'm going to suggest next might seem a little silly but I bet you, it's going to be hell a lot of fun. PEOPLE WATCH! Seriously. Go to any random cafe that has an outdoor seating which faces passing crowds. And start people watching. So how do you actually people watch? These people are strangers. People that you have no idea who. What you do is to observe them and in some way fill in your idea of who that person is. And actually talk it out with your date. Not only do you get to have fun, you can actually get to know this person a little more by knowing how he/she judges people. Harmless fun with an intention. Hey, you get to have a meal and also hang with your date. That's so killing 2 birds with 1 stone.

I'm just trying to apply what I have learnt in school to real life. These are just some of the thoughts that I have developed from the various theories taught. Enjoy your first date!

~Forever and ever, let's make this last forever.~


P.S.: Kim Kardashian thanks her fans! :D I feel warm and fuzzy inside.




No comments: