Nuffnang Ads

Sunday, August 23, 2009

No Friends?

On Friday - the last day of the work week, my supervisor, Ken, remarked I have NO friends. Well, I didn't have any plans for Friday and so that equates to a lack of social life. Well done!

This entry has nothing to do with any of the people I have left out with or those haters that think I'm crap. Because seriously I don't have this 24/7 surveillance thing to monitor their every move. True, at times they could be in your face on Facebook updates, but that's about it. Well, I'm writing this disclaimer just so that a certain anyone won't think that I'm writing about them all the time. I seriously don't have the time and effort to churn out articles on people that aren't really part of my life. However I will have to use a few examples here in this entry. Not that their way of life is wrong, it's just something that I don't agree with. Seriously what I write here is not the absolute.

To start, I am a very selective person. I may know many people. There maybe 1000 contacts in my little black book but end of the day, it is those that matters. And it is still and has been those few people. And the thing about me is I refuse to pet name people until that acquaintance phase has died and has blossomed into friends. And usually my friends are people whom I have either known for very long or have spent a tremendous amount of effort trying to befriend me(and that's not one the pretext level). As I always say, once you're a friend of Zelda's it's for life. I feel guilty now and then that I have neglected some of my friends.

Well, I think to be my friend is not easy. My mom thinks I don't really know how to choose my pals. Perhaps she's right. I do like hanging with people that have pretty wrong lifestyle choices and habits. But I gel better with them, Mom. *LAUGHS OUT LOUD*

Nicknames for friends come in way way much longer after that friendship has been established. My baby knows the best. I think it is only till recent years that I have started calling her baby. In fact, I think that pet names that are derived from the sub-version of the person's name is somewhat rude. Perhaps it's just me. I don't like people calling me Zel. Serious. Please call me Zelda and as in Zel-duh. Not Zel-dah (ugly). Zel to me sounds like Cel and in turn reminds me of celery. Sorry digress.

Back to nicknames. I like generic names. Like darling, baby, loves or really simple and un-ugly one syllable sounding names. A good example is Jo! Or Laine! Or Val! Or Bren! Not something like Zel or Cel or Dar or Per. It's just weird. My opinion.

Another thing, I don't like to any how name my friends until it's fine with them. Henceforth, it's either their straight-up English names (born with or not) or their really cute sounding Chinese names! HAHAHAHA. These 2 guys are my friends, OK. Even Mo Zhuangling sounds cute too! :D You know I would like it if someone actually called me Woo Xiao Shan. Instead of Woo Rui Shan. ><. Or even Woo Shan Shan's cute too!

Ok. Digress. Well end of the day, Ken, I do have friends. Thing is if I don't hang with them doesn't mean they aren't friends. I can't possibily stick to my pals 24/7. People need to work, study, eat, play, shit and do things on their own too! Apparently this is the same space I give my beaus too! Hmmm. Well that's another story for another time.

P.S.: If the haters want to comment and flame, whatever. Seriously. Oh. And I like my disclaimer dares! HAHAHAHA.




No comments: