Nuffnang Ads

Friday, September 18, 2009

Love's Secret by William Blake.

Never seek to tell thy love,
Love that never told can be;
For the gentle wind does move
Silently, invisibly.

I told my love, I told my love,
I told her all my heart;
Trembling, cold, in ghastly fears,
Ah! she did depart!

Soon as she was gone from me,
A traveler came by,
Silently, invisibly
He took her with a sigh.
Isn't it just beautiful? Although I like Shakespeare a lot, but I think the poet with the most sense of touch to love. It's intricate and subtle. Shakespeare would be a typical love story of how boy meets girl and falls for her. You know the typical bright and doe-eyed DSLR photos. While Blake's a more unconventional kind. Not every day would lovers be sharing the matrimonial union. Instead he writes about the longing of each other from a 1st person's perspective. I suppose it would have a greater impact on a person (me) is because you can relate to the words. Just like Love's Secret. I felt those words some few months ago. I feel the rejection.

I would so love to be told a poem by William Blake. Of course with pure and sincere emotions. Well, I did blogged about William Blake some 2 years ago. Sick rose. Dark and yet beautiful. Sigh. Oh, do note, I'm listening to Ingrid Michaelson as I write this. So I'm greatly influenced to have the Haji Lane/Ann Siang Hill vibe.



No comments: