Nuffnang Ads

Sunday, June 07, 2009

Real Man?

The inner lian in Zelda is talking again. :D


Jolin Tsai is hot! OK. I have always liked her. So back to topic. Real man? Is chivalry dead? Was just talking with my mom about guys. And it did struck me that the Zelda today does not find that Asian guys appealing. I'm sorry my fellow Chinese guys. Ok. This is what I reckon, Asian guys are on the softer side of the guy spectrum. And that to me is not "Man" enough. So, who's "man" enough? Ang Mos? Me being SPG (Sarong Party Girl)? Seriously, no. One of my current big crushes just happen to be Chinese as well. Perhaps some of you guys know who, but I ain't telling today.

So, what kind of guy do I define as a man?
Type 1: Mr Darcy.
The action man.
Not this one, not the college jock that we are all used to. I'm talking about the one that makes things work. The guy that will just get things done without much to say. That's a type real man. He doesn't have to be a millionaire, he just has got to have the DNA of initiation installed in him.

Type 2: Sensitive New Age Guy. SNAG.
Remember there was some Chinese TV series called SNAG sometime ago. I think SNAGs are hard to come by. In a way, they are mind-readers to the female brain. I know a few friends who are SNAGs but I myself has never dated one. Just all the jocks so far. We'll just stop at the jocks part. I refuse to blog about their respective personality traits. SNAGs at times can be mistaken for GAYS. Most of the time, SNAGs have many female friends. Simply because they can read women well, they understand and know what the female species want. If only more guys were like that. I guess they could try by watching that Mel Gibson movie - What Women Want.

Type 3: Dad.
Ok. I am serious about this. Unless by any unfortunate means, you did not grow up with a daddy by your side; I bet most of us (ladies) has hoped for our prospective/current squeeze to be a chip of our old block. I suppose the first guy that we get expose to is our dad. And he just happens to be the one that we always look up to (literately) and respect while growing up. A handful of the guys I have romantic connections with share the same horoscope sign as my dad and also share some similiar traits as my old man.In a way, its just us being human because we want to have that ability to relate to something familiar.

These are the 3 types of "Man" that I frankly can think of since it's now 3+am in Singapore. But these are also the types that I really do think that defines the male species to be boy or man. Nights.




No comments: