Nuffnang Ads

Sunday, April 27, 2008

You call this art

Read it on Huishan's blog. There's a sick dude who thinks that thinks starving a dog's art. It's a really saddening scene to see. And best part is there are many people viewing the art.
Here's the idiot's reason.
Hello everyone. My name is Guillermo Habacuc Vargas. I am 50 years old and an artist. Recently, I have been critisized for my work titled "Eres lo que lees", which features a dog named Nativity. The purpose of the work was not to cause any type of infliction on the poor, innocent creature, but rather to illustrate a point. In my home city of San Jose, Costa Rica, tens of thousands of stray dogs starve and die of illness each year in the streets and no one pays them a second thought.
Now, if you publicly display one of these starving creatures, such as the case with Nativity, it creates a backlash that brings out a big of hypocrisy in all of us. Nativity was a very sick creature and would have died in the streets anyway.
God. Can't you use another way to display such art? There are loads of photographers/artists/writers out there that have shown the many problems in the world without having the resort to such actions. Having educated in the creative field, I have learnt that you can create but in a diplomatic kind of way.Like this photo. The photographer didn't kill the person to illustrate the sense of poverty or the troubles faced in that country.

Blinkymummy has written on someone trying to "illegally" bring in a dog. Some what so contradicts the art that our dear friend has created. Please sign the petition. He has the intention of re-creating such gruesome work. Please stop/prevent him from doing so again. Who knows how many innocent lives that he might have taken in the name of art? I do believe if I were art, I won't want to relate myself to such an act at all!



No comments: