Nuffnang Ads

Sunday, May 03, 2009

Aneroxia.

I had an eating disorder some time last year. It wasn't for long but it was impactful enough to make me understand.

Let me be really clear about this. Anorexia is not what we see in skinny models. That's just the aftermath result when the disorder had gone out of hand. Anorexia is a disfunctional way of life. A person needs are certain amount of healthy calories to stay alive each day. Whereas an aneroxic person refuses the food intake and causes the body to repel food mentally. And that was what happened to me. During that period, I disliked food alot. I only had a little dinner so as make my parents believe that I was fine. Even dinner was just half a portion of what a normal person would consume. Within that 2 months I lost 5KG. And it never came back. Thank God for that.

So when you choose to diet, and in a way that compromises your health in the above stated, that's having an eating disorder. It's just to what degree has the disorder gone to. So people educated about the disorder?



No comments: