Nuffnang Ads

Monday, May 04, 2009

I hate the dilema.

I have been watching A LOT of fashion (TV)shows recently. When I mean shows, I mean shows that have high content of fashion in it. Not a runway by Marc Jacobs or by Valentino (I'm in love with Valentino). Think The Hills, Project Runway etc. Back to the topic. And I have been thinking. Should I quit school, get a sewing machine and start designing again but in the fashion sense. Of course my designs will have my typical curved leaves (that's if you have seen my paintings) and those feminine lines.

I'm hoping that this isn't just one of my sudden well-influenced decisions. I want something to work. I want a definite career path that I can see myself in. Something that 10 years down the road I'll still be in and probably have a name in whichever industry.

Yes. In a way it's insane to quit school after struggling for a year with all the stupid drama. And of course it was my decision to study so as to change my industry choice. Now I'm not so sure if the degree could actually help. I guess it's about the opportunities that come knocking on the door. So when will those come? It has been really fun learning about how different people think and express their way of communication but would I even bother to think that(analytical) way when I'm stressed up with some project my company has thrown to me? I don't know. Perhaps it's the poly person in me talking - the need for practicality.

I guess right now, my urgent need is to just get a sewing machine, try to make a few garments. If it works and I could love fashion design, then it's worth considering dropping out. If not, I guess I'll have to suck it up and get that paper chase done. Well, I do live in the sunny island called Singapore.



No comments: