Nuffnang Ads

Monday, May 18, 2009

What to do when you meet someone you thought had vanished.

Had my first lecture just barely a few hours ago. Well. I suppose E-commerce isn't that much of a bore. The instructor does seem yummy enough to pay attention to. Ok. I still think my marketing lecturer during my poly days is much cuter. :P Hence the A for marketing. :D

Ok. Back to the titled topic. What to do when you meet someone you thought had vanished? Well, darling Zelda bumped into someone she thought was long gone. Not dead but just gone. Seriously during my holidays I had barely stepped into the streets of town, and when I happen to someone just had to do the same. Oh well. I'm not the paranoid kind of person who actually thinks at least 4 times before confirming to head to town, and assures at least 8 times with her friends on meeting there. Zelda is random, impromptu. So exactly how do you react?

I'm not going to textbook my tips. Seriously, no one will behave in a textbook manner when something so sudden takes place.

  1. In any case, you will panic. I did. It is a public place after all, so best way is to pretend to be calm. Word here is pretend. It is legit(itmate) if you're just going hysterical inside. You still want to look sane in public. In any case, you might be together with a potential date. So don't let that whatever get to you.
  2. This is just me. But DO NOT initiate contact. Remember the panic inside. It could explode. Trust me. It would. Just whether it's immediate or just minutes later.
  3. If there is a need, keep communication short and quick. Don't start/ignite a conversation that requires a change of location (Starbucks?).
  4. If there's no contact established, try to leave your current location as soon as possible. The longer you are in the same place as the person, the higher chance of making contact, resulting in severe awkwardness.
  5. Lastly, go get high! Ok. Not by drugs. Just go do something else. Keep your mind occupied with something else. Snogging your date might help too. :D.


My case - I left, went for a dose of endorphins. I did remind myself again why that person was suppose to vanish. And the day continued.


No comments: